Whether you seek to purchase a home, or sell your existing one, you deserve the best possible representation! Therefore, both buyers and sellers, should thoroughly interview potential real estate agents, in order to determine, who might best serve your personal needs! Since, for most people, their home represents, their single, biggest, financial asset, this process, should not be, either, ignored, or taken, for granted! In order to clarify, what this should mean, this article, will briefly examine and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what it, should mean, to be a QUALITY real estate agent.
1. Questions; quest; qualified: How will you determine, who might be, best qualified, to serve your specific needs, concerns and priorities? It makes sense to select someone, ready, willing and able, to address these, and answer any, and all, questions! Will the individual, make it their quest, to satisfy your goals?
2. Useful; unique; urge: What useful techniques, approaches, and marketing, will your agent, provide for you? Will he have the courage and integrity, to urge you, to do, what’s in your best interests? Does he possess any unique skills, assets, or ideas, which, convince you, he is the one for you?
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention; agent: Choose someone with a realistic, positive, can – do attitude, as well as the highest degree of developed, relevant aptitude! Will the individual, you choose, pay, both attention to detail, as well as to your needs and concerns? Ask your chosen agent, how he will market, present, and sell your home (if you are a seller), or negotiate for you (either buyer or seller)?
4. Listen; learn: Most people consider the sound of their own voices, to be, their favorite sound! However, when choosing your agent, prioritize one’s ability and willingness to listen effectively, answer and address your questions and concerns, and learn what you need, and want!
5. Integrity; imagination: How can you expect quality service and representation, unless/ until, the individual clearly demonstrates his commitment to absolute integrity? Quality representation requires a wide variety of skills and abilities, but must include the imagination, to provide service and abilities!
6. Trustworthy; timely; trends; take time: Avoid anyone who seems unwilling to take the time, and maintain his patience, to address your specific needs and concerns! Choose someone who is trustworthy, and avoids procrastination, answering any calls, questions, etc, in a timely manner! You will best be served, when your agent knows, understands, and utilizes current trends, in your best interest!
7. You: Listen when those you interview speak, to determine, whether their focus is on, showing you, how great they are, or on you, and your specific needs, and best interests!
A quality real estate agent, not only knows how to, and sells, markets, and negotiates, on your behalf, but does so, with the highest degree of true empathy! It’s in everyone’s best interests.